12.27.2006

Miscellany

It's 1:20 a.m. I just finished watching Bram Stoker's Dracula. Not as good as I was expecting, but basically an interesting movie.

Two days after Christmas, and I'm wondering where all my blogging went. Must have taken a vacation. I'm on vacation now, too--something I've needed for quite a while.

Maybe that's why I haven't been posting--just an overload of too many things going on in my life right now. See that picture? That's kinda how I feel lately. I'll fill you in on some of the details later.

Had four services on Sunday--one in the morning and three Christmas Eve services at night. Way too many for our church, but it was a little too late to change things when we realized it.

And though it was way too many services, and though I felt completely drained by the end of the night, I also felt energized. That's the beauty of ministry I think. It's tiring and draining and seems to suck the life out of you. But it doesn't. I've found that it also pours life into me. When I give what I have, I end up with more.

I'm not talking about money, by the way. I'm not into the health and wealth thing. But God does give when we give. Not always how we expect. But he does. It's what keeps me going. Thanks, Lord...

I've missed all of you. I'll be back. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: